A fortnight after Channel 7's morning show Sunrise launched it's Cool the Globe environmental campaign, it has finally launched the campaign's official website: www.cooltheglobe.com. The website has a list of how you can contribute to "cool the globe." You may request a free "Climate Change Action Kit" that will give you:
- "Australia's Inconvenient Truth" - this booklet provides an overview of climate change, its impact on Australia and solutions we can adopt today.
- Handy GreenHome tips for making simple changes in your life to reduce your greenhouse pollution.
- Act now on Climate Change, sticker.
- Fridge Magnet with GreenHome tips.
- A letter for you to send to your State Senator urging greater action on climate change.
- Ways for you to become part of a growing community of Australians committed to tackling climate change.
The Cool the Globe website also provides you with the complete list of Australia's best and worst green energy providers. The best include GreenEarth Solar and GreenEarth Wind - both provided by Origin Energy (links are below) TRUEnergy, sold by TRUenergy is also highly rated - just as good as the Origin Energy products. Australia's worst providers include JackGreen energy, Energy Australia's Green Saver and Intregal energy's INpower. Here are just a few more energy products that YOU SHOULD NOT BUY:
- ClearAir (Energy Australia)
- Green 100 (Jackgreen Energy)
- GreenFuture (Energy Australia)
- Red Energy (Red Energy)
COURTESY: Cool the Globe
The list above is based on the following criteria:
- How much GreenPower is in the product
- How much support the product gives for clean, green energy
- How good the retailer was at promoting GreenPower
- How accurate is the information is given to customers about their products
|Green energy option||Renewable Energy Source|
Cost (GST included)**
|TRUenergy Planet Starter||10% new||90% old||0.715 cents per kWh|
|TRUenergy Planet||20% new||80% old||1.43 cents per kWh|
|TRUenergy Planet Plus||50% new||50% old||2.86 cents per kWh|
|TRUenergy Wind Power||100% Wind Energy (new)||5.775 cents per kWh|
The new energy above refers to renewable energy. The word "old" refers to the old fashioned conventional energy which is mainly produced by the burning of coal.
OriginEnergy rewards you for being their customer. If you remain Origin Energy's customer for a year, you receive one month's electricity FREE. Otherwise, you may choose to have a two year magazine subscription. You may choose from Marie Claire, Home Beautiful, Men's Health, Your Garden, Girlfriend, K-Zone or Better Homes and Gardens.
You may choose to take up environment friendly electricity from OriginEnergy by adding $1 or $2 a week to you're electricity bill. This depends on your meter configuration. OriginEnergy obtains its 100% renewable energy from 20% wind and 80% hydro.
Now's the time to convert to Green Energy! Please follow the links below.
OriginEnergy GreenEarthTM ELECTRICITY
Emus and Cows would like to thank the following websites/companies:
Cool the Globe